So....my first days as a stay at home mom haven't been at home!!
Thursday, Lily and I went to pick up Sebastian in Alexandria. Holy Moly! Traffic in Baton Rouge is horrible. We came home Friday. (7 hours on the road Thursday and 6 hours Friday).
While we love our family and grandparents, I can say that I don't want to make that drive again for a LONG time!!!
Saturday, I had a nice outing. I went to tea with my sweet church family. We had an amazing time. I really enjoyed being able to get to know some of the ladies better. We are so blessed to have a wonderful church family. God is good!
Then we went to a birthday party. Sebastian swam his little heart out. He had so much fun. He really loves to play with Tyler and Mikayla and Chrissy.
Today was church and a going away party for Erik. After church we had pizza. Sebastian painted us a picture. He is such a sweet little boy.
I am realizing now just how much we run and go. Sebastian was a go baby. He loved everybody. Lily, on the other hand, is a home body. She doesn't like to be on the road or a lot of people. She screamed when people looked at her. I felt so bad because everyone wants to hold her and talk to her. It was kind of funny though. When they even looked at her she would cry! It was better this afternoon at Erik and Emily's going away party.
I am looking at curriculum for Sebastian. He is so eager to learn! I found something that I like. Hmmm.....do you think Eric will let me spend 150 dollars on it. I think so. I am not sure how to teach bible stories so I think this is going to help. I think that I am going to order Saxon Math for 1st grade, too. Maybe, I will find a good phonics program and a good science and social studies. I might as well teach him while he wants to learn because when he is a teenager he's going to want to be with all his friends.
Lily has talked and talked all day today. She is getting so big so fast. I am amazed watching her. She is getting a great personality. She's laid back like Eric but has my spark. It's such a joy to be able to be home with her and Sebastian. I wake up and look forward to my sweet angels.
Tomorrow starts swim lessons and baseball practice. I still have to go to the grocery store. With Eric home tomorrow, I will make it!
No comments:
Post a Comment